Next week will be our third instalment of Stareable Fest, and we're hyped to showcase an excellent collection of thought leadership and community creations. For the first time ever, our 2020 edition will be hosted virtually, allowing people from across the world to join in on the celebration and learn best practices from industry leaders.
We've assembled 10 kick-ass reasons why Stareable Fest 2020 is a must watch.
- Co-creator of High Maintenance Katja Blichfeld will be accepting our 2020 Creator Achievement Award, including a brief presentation on her career.
2. Learn how to make funny funnier, as YouTube star sWooZie leads the panel: "The Online Comedy Landscape".
3. We've invited former NBA player/executive and current podcaster, TV host, and documentarian Quentin Richardson to host a discussion too!
4. We have over half a dozen amazing panels, covering social justice, overcoming limitations, objective storytelling and more. Panels feature speakers from Shutterstock, AMC, Comedy Central, Untitled Entertainment, UTA, and more. See the agenda here
5. We put together this slick sizzle reel that captures how bangin' this year's festival will be.
6. What's an award show without showcasing the best of the best web series in 2020? The Awards Ceremony at Stareable Fest 2020 is being presented by DELL Technologies, who makes workstation and monitor solutions purpose-built for creators like you. Watch screenings from all of the top web series in 2020, with the winners crowned in their respective categories. See all Official Selections here
7. AMC Networks will be hosting a new and exciting category: Best Female Creator . Celebrate the most creative women in web series! Learn more
8. Our Pitch Competition features 11 hungry competitors ready to rumble against each other for the best web series pitch to our 3 industry judges. Watch the 2018 Pitch Competition video here
9. Did we mention we're going virtual? Watch from anywhere: your couch, your desk, your bed, your balcony. Participating from your laptop would guarantee the best experience, but you can still access the festival from your mobile phone or iPad too.
10. Utilizing the latest in virtual event technology, this year's festival will include Q&A talkbacks and networking opportunities. All rooms will open one hour early to allow guests an opportunity to mingle and connect with others before each event starts.
Tickets are available for purchase! Join us from October 14 to 18 as we bring the best of 2020 straight to your home.